Monday, September 19, 2011

How to make korker bows


I have always LOVED these bows but am far to cheap to spend $4 a bow. I found a tutorial HERE and made a bunch for A flower building party I had. Here is what I did:

What You’ll Need:

  • Grosgrain Ribbon ~ 3/8″
  • Dowels ~ 1/4″ by 12″ {I have heard of people using wooden pencils}
  • Clothespins ~ regular or mini
  • Alligator Hair Clip or Barrette
  • Glue Gun
STEP 1: Wrap ribbon around dowel, and secure each end with a clothespin.
STEP 2: Place on foil-lined cookie sheet…
STEP 3: Bake at 250 degrees for 20 minutes.  {yep… I know it’s weird, but trust me… it works!} 
STEP 4: Allow dowels to cool, then carefully remove corkscrew ribbons from the dowels ~ gently unwind them.
STEP 5: Cut your ribbons into thirds… with each piece ending up around 4″ long…
STEP 6: Angle cut the edges of the ribbon, then quickly run the ends of the ribbons under quick flame to prevent them from fraying. A candle worked great for me.

STEP 6: Start stacking the ribbons, alternating the colors.  Keep them pressed together neatly in the middle….
STEP 7: Tie the last piece of korker ribbon left around the middle.
STEP 8: Fluff the ribbons…
STEP 9: Glue them onto the top of your alligator clip or barrette {knot side facing down} 
You’re all done!!

No comments:

Post a Comment