Monday, September 5, 2011

Frozen Peanut Butter Swirl Pie



This has been a HUGE winner in my house. I have made this pie twice in the last week. What I like best about this pie is that after it is made I can repackage it into smaller 4oz Glad freezer containers and eat whenever I want :) In the evening instead of ice cream I will pull one of my mini pies out and share it with my husband. He LOVES this pie. Okay off my soap box and on to the good stuff. Original recipe foundHERE.

Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 3 ounces reduced fat cream cheese, at room temperature
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 1/2 cup skim milk
  • 1 8 ounce container frozen light whipped cream, thawed
  • 1 deep-dish graham cracker crumb crust {I couldn't find this at my grocery store, but there was a larger crust size which worked well}
  • 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips, divided
Instructions
  1. In a small microwave-safe bowl, add 1/2 cup chocolate chips. Microwave on high for 30 seconds, then stir. Microwave on 50% power for 15 seconds, stirring, until the chocolate chips have melted. Pour over the bottom of the graham cracker crust and smooth out with a spoon or spatula. Put the crust in the fridge to harden the chocolate.
  2. In a mixing bowl on medium speed beat the peanut butter, cream cheese and vanilla until smooth. Slowly, so the milk doesn't splash out, add the powdered sugar and milk, beating until smooth. Fold in the whipped cream. Set aside 1 cup of the peanut butter mixture in a separate bowl. Spread the remaining mixture in the prepared pie crust.
  3. Place the remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 30 seconds, then stir. Microwave on 50% power for 15 seconds, stirring, until the chocolate chips have melted. Stir the melted chocolate into the reserved peanut butter mixture. Drop by tablespoons on top of the pie. Use a knife and gently swirl for a marbled effect.
  4. Cover, and freeze for 4 to 5 hours, or until firm.


{when pouring into the pie tin all of the mix didn't fit so I immediately put two "mini pies" together}


{When you cut the pie get all the way through the hard chocolate on the bottom (its the best part)}


{Packaged and ready to eat WHEN EVER I WANT}

No comments:

Post a Comment