Monday, September 19, 2011

A fun nursery for a Boy and Girl.

So when I first found that we were going to be staying in our current apartment rather then moving I was a little worried. We had a 22 month old boy and a new born girl. My little girl was in a arms reach mini co sleeper {side note: These are AMAZING!!! how I ever made it through my boy with out this I will never know} I knew that she could use this longer then the standard bassinet BUT she would need to move to the crib and share a room with her brother. I was nervous about this but it ended up working beautifully. 

Living in a rented town home there is only so much you can do for a nursery. I wanted a inexpensive statement room with the limitations of renting. I could not paint (no murals... sad) or put anything to heavy up. SOOOO I got creative. 


The first thing that needed to happen was some sort of border. I could not use a sticky one and the other options were expensive. SO I made mine. I will show in the following blog how I did it. I painted wood and cardboard letters for their names.


The animals that you see are inexpensive foam sheets cut and glued into animals. There was no pattern for these I just sort of made them up as I went.


The foot rest for the rocker is WAY oversized. Our rocker was squeaking so we called the people at Nebraska Furniture Mart and they came and brought a whole new base and left me the old one. I make a trip to Home Depot and they cut and drilled the board for me. I then went to Hobby Lobby and got a pice of foam and fabric. Mixed all together and this was born!!!


The flowers are from a collection from Hobby Lobby. I got them when they were on sale for 50% off making all of them around $10 total. {there are more off to the right over the changing table, my picture was not wide enough}



Josie's bedding I got from a garage sale. I had a specific idea in my mind and just could not find ANYTHING to match it online or in stores. Then one Saturday I stopped at a garage sale and found this gem for ... $12!!! Yippy for me. It fits perfect. It give a girly flair without changing the feel of the room. 

No comments:

Post a Comment