Friday, September 30, 2011

Healthy .30 cent homemade Microwave Popcorn!!!

CHEAP POPCORN!!! So the .30 cents is a guess and not exact. You will see later why it is so inexpensive. This is a great base popcorn or can be eaten plain as a healthily low calorie treat. My husband normally does not like popcorn but has been requesting this in his lunch EVERYDAY. It turns out he just didn't like all of the additives and junk that comes on store bought popcorn. My two year old begs me for "popcorn, pees Mommy, Popcorn" and carries the big bowl to his daddy. Okay here is how you do it.


What you need:

1 brown lunch bag
1/2 cup White or yellow Popcorn
1-2 tsp olive oil
(Ya its that easy)



Mix olive oil and popcorn


Poor popcorn/olive oil into paper sack. Fold 3 or so times















Put into microwave sitting as shown {dont lie on its side} Microwave for 2:30-3:00 min or until there is 2-3 seconds between pops. {if you are like my husband and forget about the popcorn, set it to 2:30}


If there are un popped kernels they will be at the bottom. The bag is not hot except for the bottom where the oil has rested. {dont touch the bottom for a few min}


Leave plain if you are like my husband... if you are like me add butter and salt to taste. You can get inexpensive popcorn salt which is nice but not necessary. YUMMM

Bags were less then $2 for 50
Popcorn was less then $2 and you can get a TON of popcorn out of it
Olive oil- I got it on close out for $2.30 but you can use any oil. I like Olive oil because I feel like it is healthier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment